Forum
Hauptforum Forum: Allgemein Thread: Ashes call Jersey would be sweet

Ashes call Jersey would be sweet
Seite: « 1 »
#1 am 24.11.2017 um 02:57 Uhr Diesen Beitrag zitieren
lucyweiweiwei
User
Ashes call Jersey would be sweet
David Wheeler has uncommon priorities for a professional footballer. The first part of his bio on Twitter reads: “Sports Science Graduate at Brunel University.” The second part reveals that he is also a professional footballer for QPR. Having joined Exeter City from non-league at a relatively late age, and then progressed to the Championship with QPR this summer, Wheeler has a different perspective to most players.
“I can imagine that if you stay in football all the way through from being a kid it is very, very difficult to imagine what it’s like outside of football because you’ve only had that experience. I consider myself quite lucky to have had the experience of going to university and working, doing other things, because you can build empathy with people from different walks of life,” he says.
“Most of my friends are from outside of the game. I made a lot of friends at uni and kept in contact with people I grew up with, who are doing all sorts of different things, from working for think tanks to being doctors. It definitely makes life interesting. It’s nice when you’re outside of football to be with people who Matt McGloin Authentic Jersey don’t really care about football; http://www.shopjaguarsnfljerseys.com/Barry-Church-Jersey it’s quite refreshing sometimes.”
During his time at Exeter, Wheeler wrote a regular column for the Devon Live website, a sideline he has continued with his Wheeler on Wednesday feature at QPR. He subscribes to the New Statesman and is an ambassador for Make Votes Vince Biegel Womens Jersey Matter (the third part of his Twitter bio) in the campaign to overhaul British democracy and bring proportional representation to the House of Commons. “It’s something I strongly believe in. It would change politics for the better and make it more inclusive, make it so that everyone’s vote actually counted.”
He Womens Bennie Fowler Jersey was born and raised in a safe seat in Sussex, but Wheeler is more than happy to venture outside of his comfort zone. At 16 he had no other choice. Released by Brighton, his chances of making it as a professional drifted. It was time to focus on the real world and studying for a sports science degree at Brunel University.
A daring and diligent winger who was surprisingly strong in the air, Wheeler http://www.coltsonlinesofficialstore.com/Darius-Butler-Jersey didn’t let the dream die completely. He played part-time for Lewes and then Staines Town, who he joined to be closer to the Brunel Geronimo Allison Womens Jersey campus, before Exeter City spotted his talent during a trial in 2013. Wheeler spent four years in Paul Tisdale’s first team, culminating in his best campaign last season when he scored 13 goals en route to Exeter’s appearance in the League Two play-off final. They lost to Blackpool at Wembley but Wheeler was offered the chance to jump up two divisions with QPR in August.
“I certainly felt it was more of a culture shock going from non-league to league football, because training every day was a big thing and you have to have so much care about everything you do. With http://www.authenticflamestore.com/authentic-6-dennis-wideman-jersey.html every pass you make, the decisions you make, a lot more thought has to go into it. The big thing going from League Two to the Championship is that everyone’s an athlete. In the Championship most players are very athletic, very fit, very strong, which is a real challenge.”

IP gespeichert
Seite: « 1 »
Design von FoxHunter; Angepasst von FoxHunter; Angeboten auf dzcp-fans.de und .:$F]B[D$:.