NoCheat
[t_news]
RSS-Feed
Forum
Hauptforum Forum: Allgemein Thread: Why Chris Woakes Jersey can be Englands danger

Why Chris Woakes Jersey can be Englands danger
Seite: « 1 »
#1 am 23.11.2017 um 03:03 Uhr Diesen Beitrag zitieren
lucyweiweiwei
User
Why Chris Woakes Jersey can be Englands danger
Welcome to the Gabbatoir, where for the past 29 years Australia have been unbeatable in Test cricket. England will walk through the dark tunnel up from the dressing rooms and out into the middle to be met by harsh sunlight and 40,000 home supporters all willing them to fail.
It is a hostile venue to kick off this Ashes series and one that has seen many a visiting captain over the years drawn in by a hypnotic tinge of green on the surface, only to see their decision blow up in their face. Nasser Hussain doing so in 2002 is probably the most famous example between these two countries but hes certainly not alone if you look through history.
I remember that day well and being both mildly amused but also far from surprised. When I heard Nassers mindset at the toss, I understood where he was coming from to an extent, wanting to give his inexperienced attack the best chance http://www.authenticsharksjerseys.com/Authentic-Melker-Karlsson-Jersey of any movement. But really bowling first in Brisbane is a cop out. The first hour may be tricky but batsmen simply must stand up and do their job.
Which lineup does so over the course of this Test and series will be fascinating, with Steve Smith and Joe Root two world-class performers leading out sides that have some vulnerabilities in their respective top sixes. It leads me to believe that Australia, knowing the conditions as they do and with a potentially more destructive bowling attack, Cordrea Tankersley Jersey will emerge on top come January.
The two captains are cut from pretty similar cloth. It is strange for me to know the Englishman better than his Australian counterpart given my time at Yorkshire but I can say for a fact that both men should not be judged by their fresh-faced appearances and polite manners. You dont get to that level of the game without having a bit of shit about you.
Their teams are both blends of leading players and less http://www.officialflamesauthentic.com/Troy_Brouwer_Jersey established names and from the support cast of England, I expect Mark Stoneman and Chris Woakes http://www.newyorkislandersofficialonline.com/Adidas-Travis-Hamonic-Jersey to perform. I saw far too much of Stoneman during my time at Yorkshire and with it a temperament that can succeed at Test level. His game should suit Australia too because hes very strong square of the wicket on both sides.
Woakes first came to my attention in my final first-class match for Glamorgan in 2007. I was in the gents during our second innings and suddenly startled by banging on the door with team-mates frantically telling me I was in, this kid is on Corey Liuget Jersey a hat-trick. Back then he was getting the ball to talk with swing but it has been adding a Al Horford Jersey yard of pace that has turned him into a real threat.
Jimmy Anderson could be borderline unplayable with the pink ball in the second Test at Adelaide and Stuart Broad should be able to draw on his experience four years ago when he stood up amid the wreckage. But across the course of the series I have a feeling Woakes will emerge as Englands leading bowler and it could be the making of him as a Test cricketer.

IP gespeichert
Seite: « 1 »
Design von FoxHunter; Angepasst von FoxHunter; Angeboten auf dzcp-fans.de und .:$F]B[D$:.